top of page
Taking Notes

Student Services

Students after BREXIT

You can borrow money to help pay tuition and living expenses at a university or college.
If you have a low income, are disabled, or have children, you may qualify for additional funding.

Who Can Apply for Student Finance?

You are qualified to apply for Student Finance if you meet the following criteria:

* You are a British national who generally resides in England.
* You have the status of Settled (no restrictions on how long you can stay)
* You have Pre-Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme and have lived in the EU/UK for three years before beginning your study.
* Refugee (including family members) (including family members)
* You have been granted leave to enter or remain in the UK through the Ukraine Family Scheme, the Homes for Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme, or the Ukraine Extension Scheme.
* Due to domestic violence, you've been granted settled status ('indefinite leave to remain').
* Humanitarian protection (including family members)
* Migrant or frontier worker from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, or Liechtenstein having settled or pre-settled status (including family members)
* You and your parent have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme since you are the child of a Swiss national.

Please remember that non-UK/EU nationals must have settled status on the start day of the course's first academic year, which could be September 1, January 1, April 1, or July 1.

You may also be eligible for student aid if your residency status is as follows:

* Refugees
* Child of an EEA migrant worker
* Child of a Swiss national
* Child of a Turkish worker
* You are a stateless person (including family members) and a new student beginning on or after August 1, 2018.

Types of Student Finance:

Tuition Fee Loan

Your institution determines your tuition, and your loan is paid directly to them. You must repay the loan.

Your university or college sets your tuition fee, and the loan is paid directly to them. You have to pay it back.

If you’re a full-time student, you can get up to £9,250.

If you’re studying an accelerated degree course, you could get up to £11,100.

Maintenance Loan

You are required to supply information regarding your household income and course start date.

The loan is immediately put into your bank account at the beginning of each period. You need to repay the loan.

maint loan.png

If your course is longer than thirty weeks and three days, you may be eligible for additional support in addition to your maintenance loan. This is referred to as a Long Term Loan.

You can use the student finance calculator to estimate the amount of your Maintenance Loan and to determine if you qualify for any additional grants or allowances.

You may only receive a portion of the amount, so you must find other ways to meet the remainder of your living expenditures. Possibilities include part-time employment, local government assistance, bursaries, scholarships, and family donations.

Student Finance Repayments:

The most important thing to remember is that your repayment amount will depend on your income, not on how much you borrowed.

After completing your course, you will only be forced to repay if your income exceeds the repayment threshold. In the United Kingdom, the current barrier is £27,295 per year, £2,274 per month, or £524 per week.

For instance, if you earn £2,310 per month before taxes, you will pay back £3 per month. This is because £2,310 exceeds the monthly limit of £2,274 by £36, and 9% of £36 is £3. (the amount is rounded to the closest pound)

Refer to the table for details on how much you could repay.


What About The Loan Interest?

Your loan accrues interest from the date the Student Loans Company makes the initial payment to you, your university, or institution until it is repaid in full or cancelled.

The Retail Price Index (RPI), which tracks changes in the cost of living in the United Kingdom, determines the interest rate. The interest rate is typically adjusted annually in September using the preceding March's RPI.

It is essential to realise that the amount of interest you pay does not influence the monthly amount you repay.

Your circumstances will decide the interest rate:

* When you're at university or college – while you're studying, up until the April after you leave your course, the interest charged will normally be RPI plus 3%.

* When you've left your course – from the April after you've left your course, interest will be based on your income, up to a maximum of RPI plus 3%.

* If you don't keep your details up-to-date – you'll normally be charged RPI plus 3%, whatever your income, until the Student Loans Company has all the information they need.

Your Responsibilities

When applying for a student loan, you must submit accurate information so that repayments may be collected when they are due. When applying for the loan, you must provide complete and correct information and notify SLC of any changes during the application process while attending university or college until you have repaid the loan in full. 

You Must Inform SLC if:

* If you change your name, phone number, or the bank or building society account where your loan is deposited, you must contact SFC.
* Change your institution, college, or academic programme.
* Apply for a bursary, healthcare award, or scholarship (for example, a Department of Health bursary)
* Change your residential, academic, or parental address.
* You should inform them that your course's start and end dates have changed.
* If you are absent from class for more than 60 days due to illness, you may not begin studying, leave your course, or be expelled.
* Are away for an extended time for reasons other than illness.
* Get married.
* If you intend to leave the country or change your employment status, you must submit a Form I-94 (for example, from employed to self-employed)

Applicatin services

Documents check

Each university had their own documentation requirement and we will assist you with organising your personal file in the right order.

The Student Portal will provide you with one to one support in creating, collecting and revising each document. 

Residence in the UK or Student Visa

Settled status

Pre -settled status


Family member of EU with more than 3 years of residence in the UK

Refugees ​


Certificate of study

Certificate of primary, secondary or any higher education

Work experience and motivation

CV - brief description of educational and work achievements
Personal statement - a letter explaining your motivation to study the chosen field. Must be at least 250 words.

Assessment preparation

The admission process in each university is very different. Most universities have their own test requirements for specific tests like IELTS, Duolingo, or Pearson Versant. Our teacher will prepare you specifically for the test that you will need to get admission to the chosen university or college. Our teachers will help you improve your overall English language competency. They will be able to brush up on your speaking, writing, and listening skills.

Types of courses

Bachelor degree

Master degree

Foundation diploma courses

Higher national certificate

Higher national diploma

bottom of page